Glen Hilton Putnal was born July 24, 1936, a son of Wayne Putnal and Ellen Gaskins. Glen was the youngest of the Putnal children. He grew up on the Putnal farm on Park Street extension, Ray City, GA. The Putnal farm was about a half mile down the dirt road south from Effie Guthrie Knight’s place and Glen would come up to play with Effie’s neices and nephews.
He attended the Ray City School where he excelled in academics.
Glen Putnal went to Valdosta State College, graduating in 1958 with a degree in Biology. He became a dentist and worked at the Georgia State Prison at Reidsville, GA
Glen Putnal later returned to the area and practiced dentistry in Hahira, GA. He was active in civics. In 1967 he was president of the Lion’s Club of Hahira, GA. He was a contributor to the Valdosta State College Foundation.
Glen H. Putnal died November 4, 1990 in Lowndes County, GA. He was buried at Woodlawn Memorial Gardens, Adel, GA.
- Putnal Family ~ Town and Country
- Wayne Putnal ~ Farmer/Barber of Ray City
- Obituary of Leston L. Putnal
- The Ray City & Willacoochee Connection
- In 1934 Ray City was Noted Section of Berrien County
- Posting Mail at Ray City
- Ray City Girls run R-C Motor Lines
- Victory Soda Shop ~ Ray City, GA