At the time of his birth, the family home was in a two-room log cabin near Ray City, GA. About 1917, his parents ordered a “Modern Home,” The Avondale, No. 151, from the Sears Modern Homes Mail Order Catalog. The materials were probably shipped via the Georgia and Florida Railroad to Ray City, then carried by wagon to the Lee farm about three miles east of town where the home was were assembled.
After completing high school Mose C. Lee attended the University of Georgia. He was employed as an airplane mechanic. On November 25, 1942 he enlisted in the Army at Fort Mcpherson in Atlanta. After the war he returned to UGA where he completed his Bachelor of Business Administration and graduated on June 14, 1946.
He later returned to live in Lanier County, GA.
Mose C. married Jeanelle Curry, of Greenwood MS and they made their home in Lanier County, GA.
Mose Clements Lee died in 1999 and Jeanelle died in 2006. The Lees are buried at the city cemetery in Lakeland, GA.
- Ray City’s Mail Order House
- Mary Lee, G.S.W.C. Graduate
- Vivian Lee ~ Graduate of Norman Institute
- Mollie Idelle Lee
- Obituary of Ruth Lee Sherman
- Mary & Saunto Sollami Buried at Beaver Dam Cemetery
- Moses Lee ~ Exemplary Farmer
- Watson Grade News, January 22, 1904