Another clipping, circa 1983, from the Ray City scrapbook. John Guthrie (1911-1985), subject of previous posts, taught music and entertained for six decades in Ray City, GA (see John Guthrie ~ Ray City’s Musician Extraordinaire).
Plenty of Wind
John Guthrie, 73, still has enough wind to make his saxophone sing. The Ray City, Ga. shopkeeper and music teacher is master of a number of instruments including sax, organ, piano and several types of guitars. Since obtaining his first guitar at age 14, he’s played country gospel and jazz styles throughout the Southeast.
- Guthrie Music School at Irene Church
- John Guthrie ~ Ray City’s Musician Extraordinaire
- Effie Guthrie and the Knight Brothers of Ray City, GA
- Samuel G. Guthrie of Ray City, GA
- The Marriage of John David Miley and Lessie Lee Guthrie
- Dicey Guthrie Watson
- Martha Guthrie: Babe of the Indian Wars
- Herman Knight Guthrie ~ 1948 Junior Class President
- William Guthrie and the Bloody Battle of South Mountain
- Samuel Guthrie and the Capitulation of Macon
- Portrait of James and Sarah Guthrie