Doris E. Swindle was born and raised in Ray City, GA. She was the daughter of Sarah Ellen “Stell” Daniel and James Henry Swindle. Her father was a farmer and merchant of Ray City, and served in the Georgia House of Representatives in the 1930s.
Doris Swindle attended school in Ray City and graduated with the Ray City School Class of 1930. In 1934 and 1935 Doris Swindle attended Georgia State Womans College, now known as Valdosta State University, Valdosta GA.
Mrs. Doris Swindle Smith, 25, of Ray City and Jim I. Wisenbaker, of Lowndes county, were killed and five others were injured when two automobiles crashed Sunday night south of Valdosta. Mrs. Smith was a daughter of J.H. Swindle, a former member of the Georgia Legislature, and Wisenbaker was a member of prominent Lowndes county family.
- Ray City Class of 1930 Didn’t Walk
- Anna Martha Grissett at Georgia State Womans College
- Doris Swindle, G.S.W.C.
- Margaret Carter, G.S.W.C.
- Clements’ 1944 Rendezvous with Frogs, Formulas, and Figures
- Geraldine Giddens
- Clements Cousins at G.S.W.C.
- Luelle Giddens and the Euclidian Club at G.S.W.C.
- Mary Lee, G.S.W.C. Graduate
- Mollie Idelle Lee
- Elsie Quarterman, Noted Ecologist, Once Resident of Ray City
- Ray City Girls run R-C Motor Lines
- 1939 Ray City Glee Club Goes On Tour
- Obituary of Ruth Lee Sherman