James Lacy Moore (1879 – 1949) was born on October 6, 1879 in Berrien County, GA, the son of John Burton Moore and Rachel Shaw.
At the age of 21 he married 28-year-old Harriet Augusta “Hattie” Swindle. Lacy and Hattie Moore made Ray City their lifelong home.
Most of his life Lacy Moore worked on a farm, although in 1910 he was working as a meat market salesman. One of his farm hands was James Cornelius Lester. He was a short, slender man with blue eyes and dark hair.
In 1942, J. Lacy Moore was elected Mayor of Ray City, Georgia.
- Harriet Swindle Moore ~ First Lady of Ray City
- 1929 Merchants Support Ray City News
- Ray City, GA Home of James Lacy Moore
- Ferris Moore ~ Ray City Iceman
- Rachel Shaw Moore Dies of Typhoid Fever