A brief but interesting sidebar in the Dec 6, 1921 edition of the Atlanta Journal Constitution contains a now obscure reference to the ‘yeggmen’ that beset the Ray City Post Office. Fortunately for our understanding, the intellectuals of that time were there to document such obscurities.
- Post Offices of the Old Berrien Pioneers
- Posting Mail at Ray City
- Coffee Road Led to Creation of Lowndes County
- Early Berrien Settlers Traded at Centerville, Georgia
- James Arthur Grissett, Sr.
- Big Thumb McCranie was First Postmaster of Lowndes
- Bird’s Mill Post Office