A detail of the U.S. Coast Survey Map of Southern Georgia and Part of South Carolina, 1865 depicts the locations of Douglas, Bird’s Mill, Guest, and Nashville, where Nathan W. Byrd resided from 1854 to 1881. Milltown, GA and General Levi J. Knight’s residence (site of Ray’s Mill) are also depicted, as well as early roads in the area, although some locations are distorted by the cartographer.
- Nathan Byrd and Bird’s Mill, GA
- Nathan W. Byrd Census Records
- Nathan W. Byrd (1808 – 1881)
- T.M. Byrd is F.M. Byrd
- Ray’s Mill Residents See Strobel Airship
- Morz Swain was Innkeeper, Blacksmith, Sheriff & Jailor of old Troupville, GA