A look into business and industry directories from the 1900s provides information about druggists and drug stores in Ray City History. The ERA Druggists’ Directory gives a year-by-year record of pharmacy concerns in communities across the country. From 1911-1921 it documents G.V. Hardie’s foray into the drug store business in Ray City, GA, and the budding pharmaceutical career of C.O. Terry, whose family name now graces the Terry College of Business at the University of Georgia.
In the 1912 ERA Druggist Directory G.V. Hardie was listed as the retail druggist in Ray’s Mill, GA. Is Gordon Vancie Hardie one of the men pictured here?
- G. V. Hardie Was Visionary Merchant
- Checking on Citizens Bank of Ray City
- Ray City Soda Jerk
- Sargon Once A Sign of Ray City’s Prosperity
- W. H. E. Terry Comes to Ray City
- Jewel Wood and Ray City’s Victory Soda Shop
- Ray’s Mill has Arrived