Johnson Brothers and the Apalachicola Fish & Oyster Company
March 22, 2012 at 12:14 am (Johnson Family, Society and Leisure)
Tags: Apalachicola Fish and Oyster Co., Apalachicola Florida, Bess Gardner Johnson, Blanche G. Johnson, Chloe Gardner, Floyd B. Johnson, J.H.P Johnson, James Howard Pascal Johnson, Joseph Henry Pascal Johnson, Joseph Wallace Johnson, Lawton Walker Johnson, Maurice Johnson, Mildred Lee Johnson, Robert Bruce Johnson, Rowan Glenn Johnson
Maurice (Morris) Johnson, Robert Bruce Johnson and James Howard Pascal Johnson. Image courtesy of Julie Hutson.
Chloe Gardner Johnson and Joseph Henry Pascal Johnson came to Ray City from DuPont, GA some time before 1918, bringing their children with them.
- Rowan Glenn Johnson 1901 – 1962
- Joseph Wallace Johnson 1903 –
- Mildred “Dish” Lee Johnson 1905 –
- Floyd B Johnson 1906 – 1982
- Lawton Walker Johnson 1908 – 1945
- Bess “Bessie” Gardner Johnson 1911 – 2005
- Blanche G. “Bat” Johnson 1914 -
The three youngest sons of Chloe Gardner Johnson and Joseph Henry Pascal Johnson were born at Ray City, GA.
8. James Howard Pascal Johnson (1918-1988)
9. Robert Bruce Johnson (1919-2008)
10. Maurice (Morris) Johnson (born abt 1923)
The Johnson kids grew up in Ray City and attended the Ray City School ( see Ray City School 1934 and Glee Club Gave 1939 Christmas Cantata).
A photo in the collection of Julie Hutson appears to show the three youngest Johnson boys 0n an excursion to Apalachicola, Florida circa 1930. They are posed on the waterfront with a crate of oysters from the Apalachicola Fish and Oyster Company. The company was incorporated in Florida in 1930.
Maurice Johnson, James Howard Johnson and Robert Bruce Johnson with a crate of oysters from the Apalachicola Fish & Oyster Company. Image courtesy of Julie Hutson.